Watershed Inspector, Senior
At the City of Atlanta, we are passionate about building and improving our community. Our police officers, firefighters and building inspectors keep our citizens safe. Our Public Works staff keeps our City clean and helps maintain, build and improve our City's infrastructure. Our City planners help envision and shape future City growth. Our Parks & Recreation professionals enhance our quality of life.
Our engineers help keep our drinking water clean, the largest airport in the world (by passenger volume) operating and our buildings maintained. Along with the host of Finance, Procurement, and Human Resources professionals whose support is vital, we are the City of Atlanta! If you are seeking a meaningful role where you can make a real difference improving and growing our City, we welcome you to explore the job opportunities we have to offer.
Minimum Qualifications - Education and Experience
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- No prior experience required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license at the time of application and a valid Georgia driver's license
- Two - Three years of experience in meter reading or related field or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job
- Applicants must be able to obtain a valid Georgia Water Distribution Operator's license within one year of employment.
Essential Capabilities and Work environment
- Required physical, lifting up to 50lbs, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully
- Ability to stand, crawl, function in a confined or restricted place
- Will work indoors and outdoors
- May be exposed to extreme weather conditions (heat/cold/rain)
- Maybe exposed to pests that dwell outdoors
City of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.