Water Service Representative (Office of Financial Administration)
Posting expires: December 1, 2023
Salary range: $32,495 - $48,851
At the City of Atlanta, we are passionate about building and improving our community. Our police officers, firefighters and building inspectors keep our citizens safe. Our Public Works staff keeps our City clean and helps maintain, build and improve our City's infrastructure. Our City planners help envision and shape future City growth. Our Parks & Recreation professionals enhance our quality of life.
Our engineers help keep our drinking water clean, the largest airport in the world (by passenger volume) operating and our buildings maintained. Along with the host of Finance, Procurement, and Human Resources professionals whose support is vital, we are the City of Atlanta! If you are seeking a meaningful role where you can make a real difference improving and growing our City, we welcome you to explore the job opportunities we have to offer.
General Description and Classification Standards
The purpose of this position is to perform duties in Watershed Cash Operations including but not limited to numerous of software's including enQuesta, Wells Fargo CEO Portal, Cash Operations Daily Reconciliation and Cashier Duties; may perform related duties as assigned. Watershed Cash Operations operates daily 8:15am to 5:00pm
Work under close supervision from the Watershed Manager, and Customer Service Supervisors. Work in progress and completed work is reviewed continuously.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Research requests, problems, and complaints and initiate appropriate action; generate work orders to resolve service issues.
- Front-facing best In-Class Customer Service and Cash Handling
- Perform data entry functions by keying data into computer system. Enter, retrieve, review, or modify data in computer database; verify accuracy of entered data and make corrections.
- Communicate with customers via telephone, mail, email, or other means of communication.
- Prioritize and process information pertaining to escalation and non- escalation.
- Respond to telephone calls and emails from the public regarding water accounts situations requiring the attention and assistance of personnel.
- Make an initial assessment of a situation and determine the degree of urgency, inconvenience involved, or service needs.
- Utilize work order management system to create, update and complete service requests and work orders.
- Contact appropriate personnel as necessary or as directed, based on factors of urgency, work schedules, and proximity of supervision available.
- Inform police and fire personnel of road conditions and/or hazards in areas where they are requested to aid.
- Provide basic water/sewer information to individuals, companies, agencies, and other city departments.
- Contact customers by phone as needed.
Follow standardized procedures and written/verbal instructions to accomplish assigned tasks. Must be able to process information on hand and decide on next steps to complete tasks and/or resolve issues. Determines when to escalate issues to upper/senior management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities This is a partial listing of necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job successfully. It is not an exhaustive list.
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of best-in-class customer service
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Use independent judgment and make sound decisions in accordance with established procedures and policies.
- Work effectively and efficiently under stress and meet deadlines as required.
- Ability to use specialized office data systems and standard office software and equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and managers.
- Ability to provide information and to answer questions in a tact and courteous manner to the public.
- Ability to gather relevant information to solve practical problems.
Qualifications - External
Minimum Qualifications - Education and Experience
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with Customer service public contact involving the use of personal computers
- Knowledge of fundamental principles of human relations; personal computer operation in office applications; office procedures and equipment; English usage; business math.
- Communicate effectively with utility customers over the telephone; understand pertinent procedures and functions quickly and use good judgment in interpreting and applying them to a variety of circumstances under moderate supervision; operate a personal computer; analyze and evaluate data; make accurate and logical determinations based upon data and interpretive guidelines; maintain accurate records; speak clearly and concisely; simultaneously converse with customers and accurately enter data into a computer.
Licensures and Certifications
Essential Capabilities and Work Environment
Required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Typical environmental conditions associated with job.
City of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing Date/Time: 2023-12-01