Social Media Manager
Salary Range: $60,000 to $65,000
This is an in-person role
Portfolio: Candidates must provide samples of their recent work.
References: Candidate are required to provide, upon request, the names and contact information of professional references.
The City of Atlanta Mayor's Office of Communications is currently hiring a Social Media Manager.
We are seeking a Social Media Manager with the ability to develop and implement a content and engagement strategy that increases the awareness of the actions and initiatives of Mayor Andre Dickens and the City of Atlanta. As a member of this dynamic office, you will work closely with creative and communications teams to source and adapt content for publication on City platforms. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Brand, Content and Digital.
The successful candidate should possess excellent writing, time-management and organization skills as well as a deep knowledge of the social media platforms used by the City. You should also be committed to staying current of social media trends and innovations and to incorporating best practices into your work. If you have a solid understanding of community management and the importance of metrics in shaping social media strategy, we want you working on our team.
Duties to Include
- Develop and implement a social media strategy that strengthens the City of Atlanta's digital presence
- Manage postings on multiple City social media platforms, tailoring publications based on your knowledge of each platform, audience, etc.
- Regularly generate platform- and campaign-related metrics, benchmarks and other analyses to inform the City's social media strategy and actions
- Monitor current events and trending topics to identify potential opportunities to elevate the work of the City and the priorities of Mayor Dickens
- Engage followers, expand reach and inform the public, using metrics to shape your strategy
- Collaborate with others to source materials and craft content that is consistent with the City's brand as well as the mayor's agenda
- Monitor the social media publications of City departments and offices, amplifying their efforts and providing guidance as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills
- Minimum five years of experience in the field of communications, including at least three years leading the social media efforts of an institution, political campaign or brand
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the platforms used by the City: Facebook, X, Instagram, YouTube, Threads and Nextdoor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results-oriented approach with a proven ability to prioritize, drive and achieve results working both independently and with others
- Experience monitoring, analyzing and leveraging social media metrics
- Ability to create content that respects brand and editorial guidelines
- Sound judgement
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Superior attention to detail
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Ability to maintain flexible work hours, including publishing content evenings and weekends
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field
- Experience developing influencer campaigns
- Experience managing livestreams and paid social media marketing campaigns
- Experience creating and editing video, photo and other content that respect basic design principles and brand guidelines