Night Audit Supervisor
# of Openings: 1
Category: Front Desk
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Sheraton Hotels has been at the heart of communities for over 80 years. At the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, discover the benefits of joining our downtown community! In addition to our Company's medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, Sheraton Atlanta Hotel associates also enjoy free continental breakfast, lunch, and dinner during your shift in our Associate Chatterbox Cafe, free on-site parking, discounted MARTA transportation passes, and provided uniforms. In addition, you and your family have access to Marriott's discounted hotel room program at thousands of Marriott locations around the world. Sheraton is everywhere you want to be - Discover the history of the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel.
Supervise the night audit operations to ensure the maintenance of financial controls and compliance with hotel standards. Coordinate with other departments (i.e. security, housekeeping) to ensure quality service is provided to all guests.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Supervise the night audit/hotel associates; review and verify daily work.
- Supervise the balancing, reconciliation and closing of various daily accounts and prepare the daily statements to provide accurate, timely information to management while ensuring proper controls are maintained.
- Control the Night Audit Bank.
- Review timecards on a daily basis and complete daily and weekly/bi-weekly payroll reports.
- Perform functions of Night Auditors as needed to provide coverage and ensure completion of work in a timely, accurate manner.
- Prepare the daily activity sheet, report all noteworthy events and serious accounting violations.
- Respond to customer issues, complaints, or problems in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills and ability to make accurate mathematical calculations using a 10-key.
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and associate concerns in a friendly and positive manner.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI115177777