Management Consulting Director – FLEET Director
The City of Atlanta Department of Public Works is seeking an experienced leader with a background in large-scale operation to oversee the Department's Fleet Services Operations.
The ideal candidate is ready to work in a high-energy, openly collaborative work environment; have a history of demonstrable success in team and project management, and have demonstrated experience with analytic, strategic, and interpersonal skills. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree required. Degree in Business/Public Administration, Finance, Public Policy, or another related field preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience leading large scale fleet operations. Consulting experience in fleet/transportation strategy and/or vendor/purchasing/contract management and operations.
- Demonstrated experience in running a distributed business or service organization.
- Experience managing teams; preferably with hands-on experience working on developing staff and providing professional development opportunities.
- Experience delivering medium to large-scale projects on time and within budget.
- Ability to effectively build relationships, communicate and interact with elected officials, management, employees, members of the public and all other groups involved in the activities of the City as they relate to the City.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to assemble information, including written reports and documents, in a concise, clear, and effective manner.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Enterprising, resourceful results-oriented approach to work; and
- Ability to prioritize among competing needs and opportunities and manage multiple projects or work streams at the same time.
Master's degree in in Business, Logistics, Purchasing, Transportation, Finance, or another related field
10 or more years of operational leadership in organizations of increasing size, scope and complexity. Some consulting experience preferred but not required
Licensures and Certifications
Essential Capabilities and Work Environment
Required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Typical environmental conditions associated with job.
Closing Date/Time: 2023-12-19