Purpose of Job
The Associate Recruiter, under the supervision and guidance of a Talent Acquisition Manager or Director, serves as an intermediate level talent acquisition professional. This position is designed to offer a career path from a senior-level recruiting role. The Associate Recruiter will typically be assigned classified positions and less complex unclassified positions in one or more departments.
The Associate Recruiter is responsible for delivering top-quality candidates under tight deadlines. He or she will develop productive relationships with candidates, hiring managers, HR business partners and Talent Acquisition team members. Incumbent provides candidates with their first impression of the City of Atlanta as an employer of choice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Completes the City of Atlanta recruitment process, including the development and execution of searches primarily for classified and less complex unclassified positions for multiple departments
- Collaborates with HR partners and hiring managers in defining parameters of searches, sources candidates using a variety of techniques, assesses candidates in line with defined job profiles and creates final eligibility lists
- Contacts and interviews qualified candidates for available positions while adhering to applicable state and federal laws and City of Atlanta code; articulates strengths and limitations of applicants to hiring managers; provides regular process updates
- Solicits feedback on candidates and refines recruiting strategy as needed; maintains high levels of communications with the hiring manager(s) and understands the skill sets requested
- Delivers a positive and efficient candidate experience by demonstrating effective communication skills and providing candidates with accurate, complete information and timely feedback
- Works with HR partners and hiring managers to finalize selection, make offers, collect new-hire data, coordinate pre-employment physicals, background checks and drug screens; contributes to on-boarding process as required.
- Responsible for maintenance of records in the City's applicant tracking system for assigned searches. Contributes to departmental activity and other reports.
- Acquires knowledge of the City's various recruiting tools to increase productivity
- Participates in career fairs, job events, open houses as needed.
- Coordinates/Initiates all pre-employment testing, which may include assessments, background checks, drug testing and physicals
- Updates candidate records in recruiting system and provide follow-up correspondence to candidates on recruiting status via phone and email. Available for communication with candidate during entire recruiting process
- Assists recruiter in job postings to various job boards, employment centers, social media outlets, colleges and universities, etc.
Knowledge of Job
- Excellent planning and execution skills with desire to proactively accomplish objectives
- Administrative skills with ability to maintain high level of output while preserving accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter, able to behave with highest integrity and respect for confidentiality
- Analytical and assessment skills required to discern candidates' functional and cultural fit
- Exceptionally strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and improve skills
- Knowledge of relevant governmental/regulatory requirements
- Professional appearance; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to exercise effective judgment and sensitivity to changing needs and situations
- Associates Degree or higher with emphasis in Business Administration, Human Resources, or equivalent work experience in a related discipline in which business knowledge and an understanding of human resource practices are gained.
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience, preferably in a Human Resources department
- Minimum of one year experience using an applicant tracking system, preferably Oracle Recruit
- Beginner to Intermediate-level knowledge of MSWord, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a wide variety of challenging situations
- Adaptable and coachable; willing to accept and incorporate suggestions for improving performance
- Ability to work well with a team environment, with a desire to learn and a willingness to ask for and share information
- Highly detailed and organized with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a very fast paced environment