Airport Facilities Maintenance Supervisor, Sr
General Description and Classification Standards
Organizes, monitors, and supervises facility maintenance operations at a high experience level. Performs a variety of technical skilled and unskilled tasks relative to facility maintenance. Provides additional technical assistance to the facilities as needed. This is a full-time supervisory position, managing a permanently assigned work group, consisting of 4 or more assigned staff. Group may be, technical, administrative, construction or maintenance. Supervision may be over a group of similarly skilled employees or a group with varied skills. Positions at this level are characterized by the supervisor providing direct assignments of similar of different functions. External candidates must obtain CDL Class B within the first 90 days in the position or when first available.
Normally receives guidance regarding group objectives, scheduling, unusual priorities, etc. but is free to set work methods and individual assignments.
Minimum Qualifications Education and Experience
- Completion of appropriate technical course or associate degree in business, management, engineering, or related field in addition to 4 years of work experience in responsible facility maintenance or similar assigned role.
- Must have computer skills and knowledge of software programs such as a CMMS, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Internal Candidates must have CDL Class A and Aircraft Movement Area (AMA) Certification.
- External Candidates must have CDL Class B within 90 days of employment and will have 60 days to obtain Aircraft Movement Area (AMA) Certification after employment.
Licensures and Certifications
- Valid Georgia Issued Driver's License is required.
- CDL Class B is required within 90 days of employment.
- Class A is Preferred for external candidates and Required for internal candidates.
Preferred Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline (Equivalent professional experience may be considered for substitution for the required degree on an exception basis) in business, management, engineering, or related field. 6 to 10 years of work experience in responsible facility maintenance or similar assigned role.
Essential Capabilities and Work Environment
Required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Typical environmental conditions associated with job.
Closing Date/Time: 2023-11-24