A and D Representative
Interested? Please apply online or TEXT ME @ 571-334-8096!
Character - Community - Results that Matter Innovation
Excellent opportunity for a seasoned A&D Rep to join the Commercial Sales Team.
Come Join Our Team!
Architectural Ceramics mission is to change the way people look at tile. Since its establishment, ACI has brought a vast selection of the worlds latest and finest porcelain, ceramic stone and glass tile under one roof. We strive to maintain corporate and personal integrity; provide our employees with purpose, education, and growth, all the while assuming social responsiveness to the community. We are proud of our diverse, talented and aspiring workforce. Our team brings some of the highest quality products and customer service to the tile and stone industry. Our passion for service and flair for design make us a unique company to work for. If you have the desire to succeed we invite you to join our Atlanta team!
To be successful in this role you must have experience working with architects and interior designers maintaining existing accounts and growing new business in the Atlanta Metro Area. You will need to immerse yourself in our brand, communicate with clients and the team, engage in social media, participate in industry events, and learn the Sales process in the field of architectural products and design.
- Sell Tile!
- Build relations with commercial architecture & design firms in order to schedule meetings with specifiers, present product presentations to interior design teams, and schedule networking events with the local AIA and IIDA chapter in the Atlanta Metro area.
- Develop business through regular meetings and strong relationships with architects and designers.
- Provide AIA and IDCEC accredited continuing education units (CEUs) to architecture and design firms with our vendor partners.
- Be prepared for and participate in the A&D Teams daily sales Huddle
- Check in first thing (either in person or via phone) with inside sales partner to confirm the plan for the day, prioritize tasks, and handle any outstanding problems
- Adhere to pre-planned route/schedule and make a minimum of 14 account visits per week
- Saturate account list and ensure that all accounts are being seen appropriately (A = 1-2 times per month, B = 1-2 times per quarter, C = 1-2 times per year)
- Generate new business and new project opportunities daily
- Listen and respond to client needs that are frequently urgent and identify materials to provide solutions for the client
- Use face-to-face meetings, phone calls, email, webinars or virtual visits to communicate with & develop working relationships with designers, architects, general contractors, installers, and our vendors
- Actively update CRM database (Salesforce) with current project information and Client information
- Utilize internal tools of CRM database to proactively close sales
- Place phone calls and write emails to follow-up on pending sales
- Follow up on all samples sent out within one week of the client receiving them
- Create strong working relationships with our tile vendors
- Willingly assist clients of other contract salespeople who call, email, or visit showroom when needed to facilitate a team atmosphere
- Account development through relationship building over the phone and outside visits
- Utilize standardized markup structures to calculate pricing
- Make competitive pricing decisions
- Review sales reports with management
- Submit monthly routes to manager and VP of Sales by the 5th of the month to ensure appropriate coverage of the account list.
- Complete weekly reports on Friday of each week and submit to manager, VP of Sales, and Owner. Conduct a weekly pipeline meeting with respective inside sales partner to review sampling from the previous week, various stages of the sales pipeline, and end with a forward-facing plan for the coming week
- Attend a quarterly pipeline meeting with inside sales partner
- Plan and execute at minimum two lunch and learn or breakfast presentations per month while staying within budget
- Submit expense reports by the 5th of each month for previous month expenses while staying within budget
- Review commission reports monthly to ensure accuracy
- Attend monthly product webinar showing new product launches and other product updates
- Work with purchasing to source material for orders as required or requested by clients
- Install core materials (binders, chip kits, loose pieces) in A&D libraries and keep materials up to date
- Schedule, plan for and execute product presentations to A&D firms (Lunch & Learns, breakfast presentations, etc.)
- Understand and articulate the sales process to clients so that we can provide the appropriate customer service and manage client expectations
- Represent Architectural Ceramics at networking functions and events
- Hand deliver samples to clients as needed to meet urgent product or presentation deadlines
- Maintain a high level of product and industry knowledge to keep clients up to date on new products and trends within the industry
- Pull and UPS out samples when needed
- Provide feedback from the market on products and trends as needed
- Partner with inside sales support to remain familiar with current sample orders for your clients
- Maintain familiarity with materials in the Departments sample warehouse
Benefits: We believe every employee should be properly rewarded for a job well done. Architectural Ceramics provides you with comprehensive healthcare including medical, prescription drug, and dental insurance. Your financial well-being will be supported by an equitable compensation program and a retirement investment plan. We offer a challenging & rewarding professional work environment, balanced by time off program that includes paid holidays. We are a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
Education & Knowledge:
- Bachelors Degree preferred or a minimum of 3 years of experience
- Two or more years of sales or industry experience within the A&D community
- Strong preference for floor covering/tile experience
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- A strong professional presence that includes excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to prepare and present to all levels of an organization (internal and external)
- Creative, detail oriented with previous territory planning preferred
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM
- Must type 50 wpm